Friday, April 24, 2009










LHM

Today - I'm putting up a prayer - in pictures. We Catholics pray to Our Lady - mother of Jesus. Repeating the Hail Mary ten times - makes a decade. And saying five decades - completes one turn of the rosary. You might have seen the rosary, a set of prayer beads with a cross at one end - hanging from the rear view mirrors of cars, from the cassocks of priests and nuns and around the necks of especially devout Christian women. Nowadays - we don't see men wearing the rosary too much, maybe they're shy. But my mother's father - an imposing hulk of a man who could wrestle anyone to the ground, would always have a rosary around his neck. At times of crisis, he'd say the rosary repeatedly, unashamedly - and Mother Mary always gave him success, whenever he called on her. These photos I have put here - were sent to me by my father a couple of weeks ago. It feels peaceful to look at them - hope you like them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment